Anger Management Programme Secondary
- Secondary (11-18)
- Adult (16-18)
Students learn to deal with their angry outbursts, develop an optimistic outlook and accept other people and how they are.
This anger management programme draws on research about the development of emotional and social intelligence which indicates that a well balanced and emotionally mature individual will be capable of greater academic achievement since they are not psychologically involved with inner tensions and emotional turmoil.
To achieve emotional maturity this programme teaches:
• Impulse control
• Active listening
• Ability to understand non-verbal cues
• Conflict resolution
• Optimistic outlook
• Acceptance of other people.
Central to the programme is how to deal with angry outbursts – known as ‘emotional hijacks’ when the brain floods with chemicals and all rational thought becomes impossible. It includes ‘pre-emotional hijacks’ where biochemicals such as adrenaline and flight or fight hormones start to kick in, right through to the ‘post-emotional hijacks’.
This resource is broken down into eleven session plans:
1) Feeling words – Focuses on the many words that describe feelings
2) Feelings focus – Understanding that there are six basic feelings: anger, sadness, happiness, fear, surprise, disgust.
3) Different kinds of anger – Identifying different words that describe anger and put them on an intensity scale.
4) What I get angry about – Identifying situations, people or physiological conditions that trigger anger and look at ways to respond to them.
5) What I can do when my anger is building up – Gives students a range of options to use when they feel angry.
6) When I talk to myself – Teaches stress management, how to soothe themselves, relax and calm themselves with self-talk.
7) Melt Down 1 – Describes how people feel when they experience an emotional hijack.
8) Melt Down 2 – Learning ways to stop the anger exploding.
9) After The Storm – Understanding what happens after an emotional hijack and learning empathy.
10)Making ‘I’ Statements – Learning how to repair damage after an emotional hijack.
11)Rules For Myself – Helps students to work out their own rules for behaviour when they have an emotional hijack and evaluate what they have learnt about anger management.
Each session plan details the aim, resources required, method, time to allocate, and is accompanied by reproducible student and teacher sheets.
If you are in the UK, and the title you have ordered is in stock, your order should usually arrive within 5 working days. Please allow up to two weeks for deliveries outside the UK. If you have not received your order within these time frames, please contact us. Please note that some resources are available to pre-order prior to publication; they will not be delivered until they are published.
Should you require your item(s) to be tracked, or if your order is particularly urgent and you would like to organise a fast delivery, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01604 870828 who can discuss your delivery options with you.
Postage and packaging prices:
For UK based customers only:
Postage is FREE for pre-paid orders
The following charges will apply for non pre-paid orders:
P&P to UK
Overseas customers (including, Channel Islands, Republic Of Ireland, and anywhere other than mainland UK), packing and freight will be charged at cost - please send your order and we will contact you with an exact cost to include shipping - or call 01604 870828 for details
Currently customers outside the UK can only pay by proforma invoice