Body Image Programme
- Primary (4-11)
An engaging and inspiring way to build self-worth, confidence and self-esteem
In an age where we are constantly bombarded by messages that tell us we’re not good enough as we are, this programme helps to build positive, self-aware girls and young women who feel comfortable in their skin, and truly celebrate their bodies.
A stimulating, self-esteem building programme for girls, it is designed to help them form and maintain healthy friendships and romantic relationships, avoid risky behaviours, maintain school attendance and academic attainment, and build an optimistic outlook for the future.
Easy to run
You can use the structured weekly sessions of the Body Image programme to bring together similarly aged girls to discuss, explore, celebrate and delight in their self-image and individuality.
- There are two separate programmes for girls aged 7-11 (10 weeks) or 11-14 (12 weeks).
- They link to Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL), Personal Social Health Education (PSHE), Citizenship and school well-being targets within the School Inspection Framework for Ofsted and Estyn inspections.
- They can also be used for after school or extra-curricular clubs.
- There is an optional assessment tool to identify potential participants.
Practical issues to help girls today
The main aim of the programme is to encourage the young people to reclaim a positive body image and sense of personal identity, while building self-esteem, self-worth and self-respect. Throughout the sessions, you’ll cover these important themes:
- Self-Image – including the positives and negatives about our self-image, body perception, becoming body confident, self-image and our physical and emotional well-being.
- Media Literacy – including media messages, becoming body confident and media savvy, creating our own media image.
- Healthy Living – including moving our bodies, healthy eating and nutrition, healthy mind, nurturing our bodies, body expression.
- Identity – including exploring and celebrating our uniqueness, style, fashion and image messages, inner beauty.
- Sex and Relationships (for ages 11-14) – including owning our bodies, developing body boundaries, boys and self-image.
- Body Celebration and Self-Love – including ways to heal, celebrate and be confident in our bodies, positive affirmation, self-care techniques, celebrating body confidence.
Low self-esteem and self-worth can start with the increasingly early preoccupation with body image. You can use this fun, challenging, and inspiring resource to help girls build body confidence AND develop self-awareness.
If you are in the UK, and the title you have ordered is in stock, your order should usually arrive within 5 working days. Please allow up to two weeks for deliveries outside the UK. If you have not received your order within these time frames, please contact us. Please note that some resources are available to pre-order prior to publication; they will not be delivered until they are published.
Should you require your item(s) to be tracked, or if your order is particularly urgent and you would like to organise a fast delivery, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01604 870828 who can discuss your delivery options with you.
Postage and packaging prices:
For UK based customers only:
The following charges will apply for all orders:
P&P to UK
Overseas customers (including, Channel Islands, Republic Of Ireland, and anywhere other than mainland UK), packing and freight will be charged at cost - please send your order and we will contact you with an exact cost to include shipping - or call 01604 870828 for details
Currently customers outside the UK can only pay by proforma invoice.